Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Nikon and Me

I finally did it. I buckled down and bought myself a new camera! A Nikon d90! I sacrificed a weekend makeup course in LA for it, but I figured this would be the time to get it. I was asking all of my photography friends for help with my portfolio and it was starting to cost me. And I'm blogging all of the time. I thought it would also be smart just to have one with my profession and all. My only dilemma? I have no idea of what I'm doing. So I'm getting help from my friends and watching youtube videos for help. But for now, I'm having fun playing. I love learning how to do new things like this! Keep an eye out for photography genius-ness! Haha.
Literal first shot out of the box.
Muscle flexin' cutie pie.
I'm a tard. I, for the life of me couldn't, position the camera to get  even half of me in. I tried to use my bathroom with lots of mirriors to make it work. This is like one out of 20 that somewhat looked editorial-like, or like I knew what I was doing. I have got so much to learn!

1 comment:

Michelle Perry said...

I have a D80. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. And yes, I've had it a year and I still have barely scratched the surface on what it can do. So much to learn. Have fun!