Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Freddy's Birthday Nightmare!!

For Freddy's birthday, I had a whole weekend set up for a getaway with just the two of us to Palm Desert! Unfortunately, Knox's stomach flu crossed over and it didn't turn out the way that I had planned it...
On our way to Palm Desert.
We had left Friday night and were going to stay all through Sunday.
At The River for early morning breakfast.
What will eventually trigger my horrific evening! 
We seriously have no idea what is about to unleash! After this breakfast, I took Freddy out to go clothes shopping because he hates doing it but we had no excuses without kids and all. We got him a few church clothes, but really, we ended up going to Toys R Us and picked up some toys for the kids. So Freddy. He'd much rather give the gifts. Right about then is when I could tell something was wrong. I knew I wasn't feeling too hot, but I just figured I ate too much for breakfast.  We had a 5pm reservation to go to dinner at Roy's, the best part of the trip I was looking forward to, but about 4:30, I told Freddy to cancel because there was no way I was going to be able to walk out that door. And good thing I didn't! All hell broke loose from that point! I felt like Linda Blair with food poisoning on a really bad day... 
But even worse, we called our sitter and she said the kids were sick too and that she wasn't feelin' too hot herself. We knew we just had to leave and get back to the kids. There was no way around it. The trick was, though, to make it home without me completely falling apart. So we grabbed some trash bags and crossed our fingers. All was fine though. I got home in one piece, however, the rest of the night was ridiculous. And Freddy, of course, didn't get any sleep with everyone needing help. Happy Birthday. The next day was way better and the kids loved their gifts from daddy. But then daddy got sick. Blah.


Some Vader love.
Aurora dress up.
Sorry babe. Not a fun birthday. But we can laugh about it, right? Ha. Ha.

1 comment:

Pure Images said...

aww mandy!! I am so sorry!!