Saturday, January 5, 2008

Just a Little Break!

Okay... so I realize now that I'm not invincible. I've been teaching and choreographing for Youth America Ballet for close to 5 years now. It's a dream job. I work with the most talented, well trained dancers you will ever know. Artistic Directors, Victor and Tatiana Kasatsky, asked me to be part of their team a few years ago. I teach technique and contemporary classes and I choreograph a few contemporary pieces for them and their girls for competition This year, many of them will be competing in Europe. So exciting! Anyway after teaching up to just about my last month on both pregnancies (which is pretty funny to see me dance with a big belly), and now dealing with two babies I finally came to realize that I can't do it all! I would like to! I thought I could for a while but my sanity finally kicked in. I informed my boss Sandra that it was time for me to call it quits for a while. This is incredibly hard for me to do, but I love my children so much and feel it's most important to give them my full attention and energy as they are starting to grow and develop. I'm still meeting with a few of my girls I have choreographed to prepare them, but as far as teaching goes...I need a bit of a rest. So it's not a good-bye, but a "see you later." Mama needs a rest! Dancers...I love all of you! -Miss Amanda


My mentors, Victor and Tatiana Kasatsky. They create brilliant dancers!





My Company Dancers









My Academy Level II Class


My Academy I Class (Silly little angels!)


On my last night, Sandra presented me with flowers from every one.







Unfortunately, I couldn't hold back the tears. It really is like being in a family there. Bittersweet!









1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I'm sure it's going to be a bit of an adjustment, but it sounds like it's the right move for you and your family. Congrats!