Monday, January 21, 2008

A "Bloody" Good Time!

I wish you could see me right now. I'm lying in my bed, laptop up, TV on, ice packs half way melted on my bed, some used up pieces of gauze on my night stand and occasionally I've been spitting up blood in a red, plastic Dixie cup, high on Vicodine. That's right, I got my wisdom teeth out today. Um, I seriously would have rather given birth again. I was NOT knocked out; just numbed up so I had the privilege of hearing and feeling the tug and pull of it all. Why put it off until now? I never really knew it was such a big deal. Well, and, I've never had a couple grand just sittin' around saying, "Hey! Let's go get a couple of teeth yanked out!" How do people not consider this one of there worst experiences of their lives 'cause I would put this pretty high up there. Thank heavens for my amazing husband who has become Mister Mom on his day off. I'm sure I am vision to look at, too. (Was that detailed enough for you??)

3 comments:

Jill said...

You've painted quite the picture...sounds lovely. It's been nice catching up with you guys via your blog, but we really should do it in person sometime soon. In answer to your question, I used a Canon zoom lens (EFS 10-22mm, 1:3.5) for those New Zealand pictures. It's really wide and adds some fun distortion around the edges... anyway, we hope to see you guys and your beautiful kids soon.

-Jill (and Kenny)

Tracy Giles said...

I'm so bummed that you don't have a picture to add to the post! I remember getting my wisdom teeth out and it's not one of my better looking moments. I am so sorry for you. I was knocked out for the whole thing so I can't imagine how awful it would have been to actually know what was going on. Yikes!!! Feel better soon.

Maughan"sters" said...

I think you should post a picture of yourself! I remember when I had mine out in high school and had a date that weekend!