Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Special Day for Sharlie...

So, I'm already tearing up at this post. This is my beautiful friend, Sharlie. And by beautiful, I mean I truly don't think I know anyone as lovely as Sharlie. Her inner light absolutely infects people around her, and I love that I know this girl.
I've known Shar and her family for... well a long time. Sharlie and her sister Lexi were born with Cystic Fibrosis which is a lung disease genetically inherited. I had the pleasure of knowing Lexi before she lost her battle with CF when she was 14. Another beautiful person I was honored to have known. (See Sharlie's blog here.)
About 2 weeks ago I received the greatest invitation! Sharlie's mom, Colette, invited a whole bunch of Sharlie's friends to come and support here at a CF Awards Ceremony Luncheon. My mom and I were included! I asked Shar if she'd like me to do her makeup and she totally accepted! I was so excited since Colette had convinced me she wouldn't accept since she isn't much into makeup.
The luncheon was an incredible event at a Four Seasons! There were vendors with shopping and a percentage of the proceeds went to the CF Foundation. There was a delicious Halibut lunch with an asparagus salad and square cupcakes for dessert. A fashion show and a drawing for amazing prizes. MY MOM WON THE DIAMOND EARRINGS! LUCKYYYYY!!! All around it was a beautiful event. Thank you Sharlie. Let do it again, and again, and again...
(Colette invited everyone because she was unable to attend. Click HERE to see why...)













1 comment:

Sharlie Kaltenbach said...

Sweet Mandy, I'm the one tearing up! You are so wonderful. Thank you for everything...making me feel pretty and supporting me on this special day. I LOVE you!!