Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Fun Experiment

For those who know me, you know I looooove make-up! Lately, I've been researching more techniques on how to use it better since my face is really the only thing I can enhance on my body right now! I've kinda been doing these online courses to refresh my skills and there was a challenge to only use black and white eyeshadow to create any kind of look. It made me think of old movie stars and their dramatic make-up, so I tried to pull off an early 1920's moviestar look and it was so much harder than I thought! It also taught me why their make-up was so dramatic. I caked on so much stuff that I felt funny wearing it at first. Then I took a picture and added the vintage black and white feature to it and you can barely see anything! So here's the vintage shot and a straight on shot so you can see how much I had on. Even in color, the bottom pictures don't even show how much I really had on. I learned a lot, and it was a fun challenge! If I try anything else, I'll give it a post...


5 comments:

pandorasbox said...

Wow...I can't do makeup like that while putting it on at stoplights!

The BRU Crew said...

INTERESTING!! You look HOT with the BLACK and WHITE makeup! I wanna try this!! HA!

Tracy Giles said...

Wow, that is a ton of makeup. I really like the black and white photo the best. It looks very old fashioned - love it.

Becky said...

I LOVE MAKEUP!!! Personally I like alot of makeup even if its caked on, just as long as its not flaking off.

Janette said...

way cool ... you did a great job with it, and it looks great on you!