Sunday, September 6, 2009

First ER Trip!


So I guess I wrote my last post on Tre's accidents too soon! I decided to go visit Monica this weekend in Vegas to help make the time pass in my uncomfortable pregnant state. Our only night to really go out together was Friday night. Unfortunately, Tre and his cousin Rowan were playing a bit too hard on the couches, where I reminded them numerous times to get off, and Tre went flying backwards into the coffee table, slitting his forehead open. It's funny how you handle things differently when it's your kid! When I was a 2nd grade teacher, I handled way worse stuff and didn't flinch. But as soon as I saw blood trickling down the front of his face, I almost went into a state of shock! Thank goodness Rick and Monica were so patient and sweet with him, I would have passed out! Tre handled himself well, too. He cried for maybe a minute then asked for a cookie, which made me feel better... Anyway, we ended up in the ER, with virtually no one there (as you can see in the picture) and waited a good 45 min. to get in. What a joke. By the time we did get in, Tre was passed out from exhaustion. He literally slept through the whole thing. Everyone was actually very nice with him. No stitches, just glued back together. Not my idea of a fun night out in Vegas, but sure was an interesting first trip to the ER!

5 comments:

Alison said...

Poor kid! Hope he's feeling better!

The BRU Crew said...

I am SO SORRY! :( POOR TRE! Hope he is doing good! LOVE YOU GUYS!

The BRU Crew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maughan"sters" said...

Luke's had his forehead glued back together after hitting a coffee table too!
Did Tre get a black eye?

Kuhnology said...

By the way..... That was Tre's second trip to the ER. Remember when you were in the hospital having Brooklyn and he decided to go down my stairs head first. Glad he's getting better though.