Monday, June 6, 2011

Beach Camping and the Pier

Every year we go camping with the Nemrow's at the San Clemente State Beach. (So strange because we used to live 5 minute walking distance from there...)
We only went for one night being that it was totally booked. They got us a great spot over looking the water!
The next day it was too cold to lounge on the beach, so we took the kids on the pier. Knox loooved it! He couldn't get away from us fast enough! Midway, he found a ginormous pelican that, and I'm not joking, looked like he was going to fly off with him!
Tre saw that there were people fishing. Then those magic words, that I know my dad's been waiting for for years and years, came out of Tre's mouth. "I wanna go fishing..." We called his Papa the next day and my dad literally went and bought a bunch of fishing gear to take Tre. He picked him up the next day and Tre caught his first fish. (Sad, my camera wasn't working, so the story is gonna have to be memory enough.) So that was eventful weekend. Thankful for friends to camp with and Papa's to take us fishing.
Love that our kids love each other. I love Mackenzie in this!

Scary Tre.

You can kind of see our view of the water.

Knox on the pier.

Hooooly bird!

No comments: