Monday, December 28, 2009

XANADU! XANA-DO-OO-OO

If any of you have ever seen the cult classic "Xanadu", then you know awesomeness in its purest form. OK, not really. Xanadu is a really poorly made rollerskating movie from the 80's that I grew up on. The music is all written by ELO, so you know it's awesome. Anyway, Freddy overheard me say I'd be interested in seeing the musical so he got me tickets for the day after Christmas. He wasn't about to lower his manly standards to go see it with me, so I invited my friend Shanna to go with me. We had a blast! We met up at South Coast Plaza since the show was at OC Performing Arts Center. Made a trip to MAC, since my mom got me a gift card there for Christmas, and ate at the Nordstrom Cafe, one of my favorite places to eat. On the way there, there was a lit catwalk outside of Nordstrom that I couldn't resist walking on. It kinda made my night, actually. The show was pretty good. They made it into a comedy which is the only way would work now. The movie is actually supposed to be a love story. Gene Kelly is even in it with Olivia Newton-John. Doesn't that give it any credibility? But all in all, a lot of fun! Thanks, Freddy! "Keep me suspended in time with you..." You Xanadu lovers will get that. Wink, wink.



2 comments:

Tracy Giles said...

Xanadu is awesome! That would have been a lot of fun to see. I haven't watched the movie in ages.

Shanna Nemrow said...

It was SOOOOOOOOOO much fun!!! Thanks again! Loved every minute of the night!! Can't wait to watch the movie! My catwalk picture is a little scary...heehee.