Thursday, April 9, 2009

"Boom Boom"

So next weekend I'll be competing with Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini for Dancing with the Las Vegas Stars. (You can vote for us online. I think it's like a dollar...) It's a charity for cancer research held at The Palms in Vegas. Ray is a very well know boxer from the 80's and an absolute riot! He's everything you'd expect a boxer to be: incredible shape, Italian, and believe it or not, a great dancer!! We're doing a swing with a Grease theme... pretty perfect for him! He's incredibly animated and totally committed to the character. There's a reason this man's a champion! We are competing against some other names in Vegas, one who is a DJ out there. As soon as Ray heard about that, his first response was, "I don't lose to no DJ's..." Ha! Love him! He's been very patient with me, especially knowing of my pregnancy but overall has been such a pleasure to work with. I think he'll get his name "Boom Boom" now for more than his fighting!

4 comments:

Maughan"sters" said...

I can't wait to see how you do! I wish I would have known about it sooner and I would have tried to come see you!
Be careful with that baby in your tummy!

pandorasbox said...

Woot...you are having so much fun!!! I think the babies of dancers get used to the movement and you will do fantastic. Boom boom sounds like a great partner to; so you go Girl!!!

Robyn said...

Shake your boom boom! That looks like fun. I'm sure you'll do awesome! I can't believe you are pregnant and dancing. You can't even tell. Have fun and good luck!!

Tracy Giles said...

Good Luck, I hope you guys do awesome!