Thursday, December 18, 2008

Love, Love, Love This!

Sister Margaret Nadauld, former General Young Women’s President of the Church pled for the women of the Church to be women of God. She noted:

“Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity.” (“The Joy of Womanhood,” Ensign, Nov. 2000, 14-16.)

4 comments:

Sara Liechty said...

I love this quote too! It's one to live by!

Tracy Giles said...

I need to print that and hang it in a place where I can read it everyday! Awesome!

Robyn said...

I love this quote. Thanks for reminding me of it!

Carrie Anne said...

That pretty much sums it up. I don't know that I've heard this...if I have, I've forgotten. Thanks for posting it - I'm going to write it down & put it where I'll see it...I love it.