Wednesday, September 7, 2011

School Days, School Days...

It's here. That day. The day you know will arrive at some point when you're holding your new baby boy in your arms. Then, with a quick blink, it's the first day of kindergarten. Next he'll be asking for keys to the car. Surprisingly, I wasn't as emotional as I thought I would be. I get excited to see the progression of my children! I can't wait to see what he is capable of this year! A very proud day for me indeed. 1 down...

Us walking to school with the cousins.

Perhaps it made it a bit easier having his 2 other cousins starting that day as well.  Fortunately, they all have different teachers, but can play with each other during recess.

He dove right in. No hesitation. This boy is ready.


His teacher is Mrs. DeMille. I had a parent that told me her other kids had had her and she was trying to get her last daughter into her class they loved her so much. So yay for us! Tre got a good one!

Here's to a great year of learning!

2 comments:

Tracy Giles said...

Kindergarten is definitely a big step. It's so exciting watching them start a new phase of life. I was happy and sad at the same time. Tre looks very ready. He'll do great. How lucky for him that he has cousins at the same school. That would be so nice.

Shanna Nemrow said...

Wow! That class size is awesome! Mackenzie's kindergarten class had 34 kids! They were squeezed in on the rug and didn't even have enough spaces.