Friday, May 6, 2011

Good News...

This week I went to get my hair done at my friend Jen's. I had mentioned that I thought by chance I could be pregnant. She got all giddy and said, "Ooo! I have a pregnancy test you can use!!" She is 6 months along... Anyways, while my hair was processing (big shock I'm not a natural blonde...), I took a little trip to the bathroom. At first I couldn't tell what it read. (The tests with the lines are so tricky.) But Jen looked and she said, "No look! There's line two! Congratulations!!" We both were jumping up and down and laughing hysterically. More just because we were playing it up. :) I was trying to figure out how I was going to tell Freddy. He's really hard to surprise with this stuff considering he knows my cycles, conceiving days,... honestly if he could have the baby, he would. I just texted him this picture of me with the foils in my hair and wrote Congratulations Daddy. To say the least, he was thrilled. I later went and bought a digital test (you know, the ones that actually read PREGNANT/NOT PREGNANT) and we were in the clear. Pretty exciting!
That night we took the kids to dinner and told them the good news. I'm not sure they quite get it, but they will when my stomach is bulging in a few months...
We are so thrilled and feel so blessed! Considering this will be our last, I'm going to take every little thing in. Even the morning sickness... if I can just get passed that! We pray for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby and are so truly grateful for this upcoming addition to our family.

3 comments:

Maughan"sters" said...

Congrats!! I think it's a girl cuz that's the only time I saw lines look faint like that!!

Sara Beth Mortensen said...

You go girl! Another adorable Kuhn's baby on the way!

Jill said...

Wahoo! Congrats! So excited for you.