Monday, September 15, 2008

2 Year Old for Sale!


Any takers? Anyone? So I'm human... sue me. I attempted to take Tre and Brooklyn to Disneyland today thinking fresh air and sunshine, with some rides, would do 'em good. Come on y'all, it's frickin' D-land, right? Apparently, I didn't quite think it through. First off, the new parking sucks, big time! I forgot I was gonna have to load and unload my toddlers on and off the tram to the park, WITH our stroller and bag 'o crap. So, I knew that wasn't gonna happen the way Disney thought it would when they recreated the genius  parking structure they did. (And by the way Disney, I'd say about 50% of people have strollers at this place. Can we not invent a stroller safe tram???) So I walked to the park which wasn't that bad until I forgot that I had read it was going to hit 95 degrees today with 90% humidity. So a drenched shirt and two wailing kids later, we finally got there. I met up with my sister-in-laws and was glad they felt my pain when I walked up. We proceeded to go on  the Mr. Toad's ride where I was holding Brooklyn and Tre was tugging on me to pick him up. Of course Brooklyn  was fighting me to get down so gravity was having a tug of war with me.  Tre didn't want to go on the ride until he saw he could drive the car then all was fine. Brooklyn hated it. Cried through the whole thing. Then Tre didn't want to get off and I had to drag him to the stroller. We then went to Alice in Wonderland. Same story except Tre decided to lie down and through a fit in the middle of the exit of the ride. "This is fun!!!" I ironically screamed in his face. "Stop crying!" I'm sure I was the abusive parent everyone observed for the day. Amy suggested we feed them to calm them down. Her and Reta were the better prepared ones as they brought their lunches. I paid $6.45 for 4 chicken nuggets and $7.00 dollars for my drumstick; oh yeah and $6.00 for a diet coke and a water. My stars. Of course Tre ate nothing and Brooklyn ate everything. Tre laid on the dirty ground and kept playing with the trash cans. Awesome. Then we tried the Roger Rabbit ride in Toon Town. Everything was honky dory, and Reta was helping out a ton. Tre seemed super excited since he saw that again it was a car to drive. We got right up to the car and Tre went limp. "NO! NO!" he screamed. So... we went home.  Total visit time... 2 1/2 hours.  Total driving time... 2 hours 15 min. Total time without crying... 20 min. Aching back, sun burned head and two sleeping kids in the back of the car... priceless.  I know that sounds horrible, but can't believe I still love my kids.  I love being a mom and I'm so in love with my family. So I'll keep breathing and with a lot of luck, these kids will grow up to be decent people. But while I'm working on that, no trips to Disneyland for a while...

7 comments:

Shanna Nemrow said...

Oh man, sounds like a rough one! I totally agree with the nightmare tram setup. When Blair and I took the kids to D-land earlier this year, I thought "How the heck would I manage myself, the two kids, and our gear by myself???" And you're supposed to fold the stroller to get on the stinkin tram...hello!!! What braniac thought up that system! Anyways, sorry you had a rough time...my kids always decide to give me a hard time at Costco. I don't know what it is about Costco, but it never fails that my cart is overflowing with XXL items and both Mackenzie and Garrett decide to throw fits. It never fails. I always think, "Is this really happening to me?? No really, this can't be happening." But somehow, I don't learn and always end up going back.

Tracy Giles said...

I hate the tram system at Disneyland, however we discovered on this last trip that if you wait a few more minutes in line for the handicap spot in front they don't make you fold up your stroller. It made such a difference! The kids still have to sit next to you, but at least you don't have to take anything out of the stroller and fold it up. I wish the tram people had let me in on that little fact about a year ago! I am so worried about having 2 kids because it's harder when, like you said, one wants up and one wants down . . .etc. Even though there are times when I just can't handle anymore whining and fussing I still love Lily more than anything on this earth. What happened to Disneyland being the happiest place on earth :) You're a good mom, I don't know if I would have lasted as long as you did.

Maughan"sters" said...

I don't even have to go to Disneyland to want to sell my kids :)

Sara Beth Mortensen said...

Just one of those day, we all have them, its amazing that so many things can go bad in one outing.

Joy Boaz said...

Ah motherhood... I have had meltdown at Disneyland with my kids too. It's the worst! I can't even take my kids to the store these days, we actually left the grocery store screaming today. Hang in there mama.

Carrie Anne said...

Sounds like quality time, Mandy. ;)

Anonymous said...

I am SO SORRY!! I KNOW the feeling for SURE!! But with girls instead of boys. I don't take the FREAKIN TRAMS!! They SUCK!! HA!!! U are a SUPER MAMA for all I know...We do have our moments though, sorry babe!! LOVE YOU!!! Oh, if you want I can buy them from u?!! JK!! HA!!!