Monday, February 18, 2008

Don't cha Wish You Mama Was Hot Like Mine!

My mom did her first Latin competition this weekend at the California Open. I was so proud of her! She danced awesome and looked friggin' hot! (Hello! She's 60 next month!) She was super nervous at first but once she got on the floor I'm sure it felt like home to her. She was very comfortable and you could tell she was just having a great time out there. She won a whole bunch of 1st and 2nd places which I know she wasn't even expecting. All around it was a great weekend. Congratulations, Mom! I'm glad you've got your dancing shoes back on!

With Joe Way, our Ballroom coach.






Purdy ladies!!


Dad came for support. He kept eyeing her and giving her lovey, support kisses.


I ran into one of my old teammates from back in the day, Felipe. Our team won in Blackpool together. Him and his wife are successful Latin champions now with their own dance studio. Beautiful dancers.


I also ran into an old dance teacher of mine, Brent Mills. He has since retired and now owns a record company. He ran some of the music at the event. It is seriously a small world in Ballroom Dancing. (Unfortuantely, my camera wasn't working very well this day.)


Our Latin Diva and her awards! Viva la Diva!



3 comments:

Alison said...

I always knew your mom was amazing but that is awesome. I can't believe she is turning 60 years young. She looks great!!!!!

Anonymous said...

K, so you girls look like you had the time of your life!! GO BUNNY!!! WORKIN IT!! ;) So...ummm...yea...I see you tomorrow...or NOT?!! But I will be there later afternoon after Amykays house!! LOVE YOU and YOU are BEAUTIFUL!!! MUUUAHHH!!!

Tracy Giles said...

Your mom looks amazing! I hope I look that good at 60! Looks like you had a great time :)